The Actuaries' Code
The Actuaries' Code applies to all members of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries. It consists of principles which members are expected to observe in the public interest in order to build and promote confidence in the work of actuaries and in the actuarial profession.
- Integrity: members will act honestly and with the highest standards of integrity.
- Competence and care: members will perform their professional duties competently and with care.
- Impartiality: members will not allow bias, conflict of interest or the undue influence of others to override their professional judgement.
- Compliance: members will comply with all relevant legal, regulatory and professional requirements, take reasonable steps to ensure they are not placed in a position where they are unable to comply, and will challenge non-compliance by others.
- Open communication: members will communicate effectively and meet all applicable reporting standards.